QUICK FACTS ABOUT COPE LOCAL 468
- Cope Local 468 currently represents members at LHSC Victoria Campus, Thames Valley Children’s Centre and Nestle.
- COPE 468 launched the 2016/17 organizing campaign at the request of non-union workers and union members who believe that it is much more difficult to protect their jobs, seek improvements to our workplace, promote job opportunities and gain recognition for the work we do at LHSC as separate groups.
- LHSC recognizes years of service and the union governs seniority. Years of service for non-union employees who join COPE will be calculated into years of seniority (part-time and casuals: 1650 hours = 1 year seniority).
- COPE Local 468 will represent ALL members equally, regardless of whether they are full-time, part-time or casual status.
- Workers who are currently working a reduced work week will not be forced to work full-time if unionized.
- Unionized COPE members have access to benefits.
- Union dues are only 1.6% of the hourly rate based only on the hours worked and are tax deductible.